The series of IWOCA conferences grew out of over 20 years’ history of the International (since 2007) respectively Australasian (until 2006) Workshops on Combinatorial Algorithms. Previous IWOCA and AWOCA meetings have been held in Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Indonesia, India, Japan, South Korea, UK, and the US.
IWOCA 2015 continues the long and well-established tradition of encouraging high-quality research in theoretical computer science and providing an opportunity to bring together specialists and young researchers working in the area. The scientific program will include invited lectures covering the areas of main interest, accepted contributed talks, posters, and an open problem session.
This year for the first time, we will have a best student paper award, sponsored by the EATCS.
We solicit high-quality papers in the broad area of combinatorial algorithms. The topics include (but are not restricted to)
- Algorithms and Data Structures (including sequential, parallel, distributed, approximation, probabilistic, randomised, and on-line algorithms)
- Algorithms on Strings and Graphs
- Applications (Bioinformatics, Music Analysis, Networking, and others)
- Combinatorics on Words
- Combinatorial Enumeration
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Complexity Theory
- Computational Biology
- Compression and Information Retrieval
- Cryptography and Information Security
- Decompositions and Combinatorial Designs
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Graph Drawing and Labelling
- Graph Theory
Proceedings and Special Issue:
The conference proceedings with invited papers and accepted contributed papers will be published after the conference as a volume of the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science. There will be a special issue of the journal Discrete Applied Mathematics with papers from the conference.
Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of no more than 12 pages in LNCS style, including references. A clearly marked Appendix can be included, which will be read at the referees’ discretion. All submissions have to be made via the EasyChair submission page for the conference at
No simultaneous submission to other conferences with published proceedings is allowed, and submitted papers should not be under review by a journal during the whole refereeing process. At least one author of each accepted paper will be expected to attend the conference and present the paper.
- Paper submission:
June 14, 2015June 18, 2015 (anywhere on earth) STRICT!
- Notification: Aug. 3, 2015
- Final version for pre-proceedings: Aug. 20, 2015
- Early registration ends: Aug. 24, 2015 (extended from Aug. 20)
- Conference: Oct. 5-7, 2015
Download the Call for Papers (pdf).
In cooperation with the EATCS (European Association for Theoretical Computer Science), the Italian chapter of the EATCS, and AICA (Associazione Italiana per l’Informatica ed il Calcolo Automatico).