Verona is one of the main cities of Veneto, the region whose capital is Venezia (Venice). In the surrounding area and in Veneto there are a lot of possibilities for a one-day-tour, but also for a longer holiday.
Besides the city of Verona, a few destinations that we suggest are:
- Venice and its lagoon
- the other main historical cities of Veneto (Treviso, Padova, Vicenza, …)
- the Venetian mansions in the countryside of Veneto and Friuli
- the historic town of Asolo
- the small walled towns
- the seaside and its towns (Chioggia, Caorle, Aquileia, Grado)
- the Dolomites
- the lake of Garda (with its natural beauty and many charming little towns and villages, among them Sermione, Lazise, Garda,…)
- the volcanic Colli Euganei
- the prehistoric archeological sites
- the wine disticts of Prosecco, Breganze and Valpolicella
- vendemmia (grape harvest)
Here are some links to the official web sites about tourism in Verona and the surrounding area.
- The city and its district:
- The Regione Veneto:
- The city of Venice:
- Beautiful country palaces, with itineraries: Ville Venete
- Veneto town tour, you can find itineraries here (switch to English on top center).